A skip bin can be used for almost anything! From green waste and household items to construction and demolition waste. A skip bin also holds plastics, furniture, glass and whitegoods. There are generally 3 categories of items you can put in a skip bin. These are:
– General household waste
– Garden waste
– Renovation waste.
There are a few things you cannot put in a Skip bin. These include; asbestos, chemicals and toxic waste. Here is a list of items that can go in a skip bin!
General Household Waste
- Kitchenware such as tools, utensils, dishes, and cookware
- Kitchen and cleaning appliances such as dishwashers, dryers, fridges, washing machines, etc.
- Entertainment equipment such as TVs, DVD players, speakers, etc.
- Computers, cellular phones, and related accessories
- Paper waste such as old books, newspapers, magazines, print materials, etc.
- Empty cans
- Glass bottles, jars, etc.
- Food packaging such as plastic bottles, empty cartons, etc.
- Furniture of any sort
- Cardboard boxes or packaging
- Non-electrical fittings
- Branches, twigs
- Wood or tree bark
- Flowers, buds
Remember, even if you can put all these types of waste in your skip bin, you cannot mix them together. Categorise your waste and keep them separate upon disposal. It’s also great to have an idea of what type of waste you’ll dispose of and inform your skip bin hire ahead of time. This will help them offer the right kind and type of skip bin for your convenience.
Pro Skips Australia has a surcharge for mattresses ($30 per mattress) and tyres ($10 per car tyre and $15 per truck/bobcat tyre).
Our standard skips cannot be used for hazardous waste and should not include mattresses, tyres or tree stumps unless previously mentioned. If found, such items will incur a surcharge. Visit our Skip Bins page for more information
Hire Skip Bin? Call us today on 1800 776 754.